Sunday, January 29, 2006

Irony

When I rang my wife during my meal break, she informed me that if we'd put the lottery on, we'd have had 5 numbers and the bonus ball, which would have been about a quarter of a million quid. How bloody ironic that the week we don't put our usual numbers on because we're struggling for money, the damn things come up.
I couldn't afford to enter the works syndicate for the Euro millions rollover either, so I half expected them to win the full hundred million! In actual fact, out of almost 100 lines, they won about £7 total!

I've told my missus a million times not to check the numbers when we can't afford to put it on, but does she listen?!
Ah well, I suppose I'll have to go back to driving trains again in a weeks time!

Yes I say a weeks time, because I'm away for the next week. Will Acton Town still be my home depot when I return? Who knows. There's a lot of politics and arguments going on at Acton at the moment, and morale seems to have reached a record low now. I dread to think what I'm going to come back to.

Anyway, have a good week everyone. Stay safe!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shola said...

Life, don't you just love it!

Well you are still alive, so your turn might still come. I guess you will be changing numbers now.

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home