Monday, December 12, 2005

A long weekend!

Yes, I've been away for the weekend! Not that it's been a relaxing weekend, as I've been doing the lighting for my church Christmas show. This is something I've done for about 5 years now, and I enjoy it very much! I'd love to have a look at the lighting board of somewhere like the London Palladium or a proper theatre!
I'm not a qualified lighting designer or operator, but (if I say so myself) the lighting always adds that bit extra to any performance! We only had 10 spotlights, but getting the positioning and colours right is an art form, and I always enjoy the setting up!
Anyway, the performances on Sunday went very well with a capacity crowd (about 300 people for each performance, which is good for a church play!) and now I'm back to my proper job of driving trains!

The worrying thing is it only seems like a few months since I was doing the lighting plans for last years play! In fact I still have them in a folder on my desktop! I really don't know where this year has gone!! It'll probably only seem like a few months until the rehearsals start for next years production!

By the way, if anyone knows of any local AmDram groups in West London who want someone to help with lighting, please let me know! I'm always keen to learn from someone who does it professionally!


NEW LU BLOGGER!
Welcome to the DSM! DSM (Duty Station Manager) is the latest addition to our ever-increasing family of LU bloggers!
I look forward to reading your blog, DSM! If you're based on the District, say hello to me when I'm passing through!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home