Monday, January 02, 2006

Starting as we mean to go on?

The first day of the new year, and already I have some overtime to count towards my review of 2006 (see my last blog (below)). We started the new year as we left the old one... With a signal failure!
Signal A900 between Bromley-by-Bow and Bow Road stations failed at about 10pm, so I had to "apply the rule" to pass it. As did every other train! Not a huge delay in itself, but because we're limited to about 5mph for a while after passing the failed signal for safety reasons, the trains start queueing up for quite a distance behind, so that was the main cause of delays.

Anyway, it's better that it failed at 10pm on a very quiet New Years day than at 8am on a normal rush-hour day! I did say a very quiet day, because I think everyone must be nursing hangovers! I'm lucky if I've carried more than about 200 people during my 8 hour shift! VERY quiet!

My missus has decreed that Christmas is now officially over and has taken down the tree and decorations! Back into the box for another year! Or in the case of shopping centres, only another 10 months until Christmas comes around again! It always makes me chuckle when they put the decorations up in shops almost as soon as Hallowe'en is over!

1 Comments:

Blogger kateyay said...

I am pleased to say i'm a District Line customer at some points again!

Happy New Year, hope this year is good, and happy and filled with good and happy things!

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home