Monday, April 03, 2006

Nearing The End Of An Era!

Well it looks like I'll be leaving London Underground in the next few months.

Allow me to explain! My wife and daughter are still living up north while I'm down here earning the money. My daughter is now 18, and after she was born, we were told that the chances of having any more kids was virtually nil. This has remained for 18 years... until now!
My wife has been putting on weight lately, and her mother 'bullied' her into taking a pregnancy test which came back positive! The doctor has this morning confirmed that she is approx 24 weeks pregnant, so I'll be a daddy again in only four months!

Sadly, this means having to leave my job and move back up north to be with them, but that's completely outweighed by becoming a dad again!

Obviously I'll keep on blogging until I leave (probably in a couple of months) and after that I'll have to change my name from DistrictDriver to Bus Driver until I can find something better in the area!

4 Comments:

Blogger Barry Hensey said...

Congratulations DD!

Even though we'll be sorry to see you go we hope that everything goes well with your plans to move t'up North.

12:48 pm  
Blogger Station Supervisor said...

Congratulation to you and Mrs DD, I know th euphoria of becoming a father again as I have 3 myself.

Don't forget to get your Baby On Board badge from LUL, the number is on the interweb.

4:22 pm  
Blogger Martin Belam said...

Congratulations - the unexpected can give the most joy

8:48 pm  
Blogger Shola said...

DD, Congrats on the good news, and hope you've started prearaing for those sleepness nights! My baby is just 3 months old and am starting to enjoy the gift.

All the best with your move to the north.

Shola

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home