Friday, March 31, 2006

Back to work next week

Well, my short time at work this morning to assess if I could climb on and off a train and drive without any further stress to my shoulder went OK. My sick note expires on Monday, so I'll go and see my doctor then and ask him if I'm doing the right thing by returning to work. I'm sure he'll say it's fine.

So by Tuesday I should be back at the pointy end of a train! (I know our trains don't have pointy ends, but that's just traditional train driver speak for being at the front!) LUL are still going to release me for a few hours to allow me to continue my physiotherapy until the problem is completely sorted.

By the way, the more observant of you may have noticed I've now added a clock to the blog! Also the picture showing in lieu of a photograph is the official District line logo.

4 Comments:

Blogger kateyay said...

wow, that logo is rather nice! do all the lines have official logos like that? why aren't they on display more often?!

I noticed the thing about cab lights - most drivers do seem to have the lights off but i've seen four or so with lights on of recent times!

hope the shoulder is getting better at some point - next week i shall keep a look out for drivers with lights on and keep smiling! hehe.

10:40 am  
Blogger DistrictDriver said...

The shoulder is indeed much better! I know I whinge about my job from time to time, but not many employers would pay for private treatment! OK, I know it's saving them money in the long term by getting me productive again but it's still nice!

The line logo's are mainly associated with the older, sub-surface lines as far as I'm aware. The Metropolitan line certainly has one, but I can't ever remember seeing any others.

11:46 am  
Blogger 3.1 said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Be sure to take it easy until you've been given the ok by the doc. I hope to see you from the platform some time! :)

2:05 pm  
Blogger Shola said...

Good to hear you are on the mend.

Hope you don't over stress yourself next week.

Shola

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home