Thursday, July 07, 2005

A Sad Day

We've been expecting it for a long time, but today it finally happened. Terrorists hit the London transportation system, with three explosions on trains, and one on a bus.

As I work late shifts, I awoke to hear the news on my clock radio about 1pm. Needless to say, it didn't take me as long as normal to wake up. I first of all had to ring and text everyone who'd been leaving me messages to assure them I was OK. Then I rang my duty manager.
He informed me that I should just report to my local station and help where I could. This I did, but as it turned out, there was very little I could do, other than assist answering questions from passengers about how to reach their destinations.

To be honest, I think I'm still quite shocked. As I say, we've been expecting it, but now it's actually happened, it still seems like a horrible nightmare.

Needless to say my sincere condolances, thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who were killed, and with those who were injured by these terrible atrocities.

3 Comments:

Blogger Station Supervisor said...

I'm glad to see you are ok.

9:47 pm  
Blogger VaneWimsey said...

I'm in California, and I just wanted to say that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

3:28 am  
Blogger annie mole said...

Our thoughts are all with you and all London Transport Staff. I know I'm one of the worst people for berating tube staff. But keep up the good work.

8:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home