Monday, June 13, 2005

I thought Mondays were quiet!

Usually, Mondays are one of the quietest nights of the week. The normal, working population who like to enjoy themselves at weekends are obviously working the following day.
However, this doesn't stop the 'yoofs' from buying cans of lager and causing problems.

This evening, I've had to finish work early and be given a special taxi home after suffering a double 'near miss' on the Wimbledon branch.
A group of youths (complete with cans of lager) were standing on the edge of the platform when I was approaching. One of them decided it would be hilarious to pretend he was going to jump in front of me, but I've seen that a million times, so it didn't bother me too much. However, another member of the gang decided to stick his leg out as I was passing him.
I have no idea if I actually hit his leg or not. I put the brakes into emergency, allowing all the air to escape from the system so I didn't hear a bang, but it certainly shook me up - In fact it's shaken me up a lot worse than I would have thought!

Obviously the incident was reported to the BTP, and the stations CCTV tapes will be watched.

I have no idea why people think it's so amusing to pretend to jump in front of a train, but as I say, I'm immune to that now having seen it so many times. But how thick do you have to be to stick your leg out in front of 200 tons of train?

Hopefully I'll have calmed down enough to get back to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home