Friday, May 06, 2005

05/05/05

A day which only comes around every 5,000 years apparently. It's also the 5th day of the week (Thursday), which makes it apparently a one in 7,000 years event. I can't confirm those figures, so don't quote me! I just heard something about that on LBC earlier this evening listening to the election coverage while on a short break at upminster.

As I write this (2am on Friday morning, having just arrived in from work), it looks like the Labour party is heading for a third term in office, although with a reduced majority. To be honest, I find politics so boring, but I like to know who is going to be (legally) robbing me blind for the next 4 or 5 years.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we had a major signal failure in the Turnham Green area, meaning trains coming from Ealing Broadway were having to run down the fast (Piccadilly) line instead of the local (District).
This is fine, although means trains can't stop at Chiswick Park or Stamford Brook due to there not being any platforms!
The trains must also be routed back over to the District at Hammersmith, otherwise we end up going down the 'pipe' which isn't big enough for a District train... We do have safeguards in place to prevent an oversize train from going down the pipe, but luckily they didn't have to be used!

I stabled quite late this evening because of the knock-on delays caused by this, however it can't be helped.

Only one day to go to my Annual Leave... Two wonderful weeks away! Therefore my Friday blog will be the last for a fortnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home