Friday, July 15, 2005

Thank You M&S!

All LUL staff recently received a lovely box of M&S Belgian chocolates as way of a thank you for working through the recent events.
We were originally led to believe that, like the doughnuts recently, these were a gift from Tim O'Toole. However it turns out that they are in fact a thank you gift from Marks and Spencers.
While I'm sure all of my colleagues will agree with me that we do what we can when we can, it's a very nice gesture by M&S which has certainly helped boost morale.

On the subject of recent events, Geoff and Neil are two guys who you may have seen on the ITV series 'The Tube' running around like mad people trying to cover the entire LU network in the shortest possible time. They hold the current world record for doing this, and have thought of a novel idea to raise money for the Bombings Relief Fund.
You can read about the 'Not Afraid Tube Challenge' on Geoff's website. I'm hoping to take part providing I'm not rostered to work on the date. If I am working, I'll keep an eye out for you all running about!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

What?! No chocolates for me?

7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home