Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Brought the weather with me...

Hi everyone!
Firstly, my apologies for the longer-than-planned lack of blog entries! This is mainly due to the fact that sod all has happened worthy of note in the few days I've been back!

Spent almost three weeks in Newcastle (my home town) visiting family. The weather almost all of the time was wet and cool! I noticed on the forecast that London has been enjoying a lot of sunshine and high temperatures again, so I thought I'd bring the Newcastle weather back down with me! Almost every day since I've been back it's been raining, and today was pretty cold too!
Still, at least it gave me an opportunity to take a (rather naff) photo of a rainbow earlier this evening approaching West Ham (taken from a moving train).



It also provided an opportunity to take a photo from the roof terrace at Barking of the sky. I am often struck by how amazing our weather is, and the way clouds move etc etc. In the photo below, you can see completely black sky over Barking, but away to the west, the sky is still light. I thought it looked artistic anyway!



Meanwhile, back to earthly matters, it seems that nothing has changed since 7/7 on the Underground.
I am amazed daily at the amount of people who are kicking bags etc out of the way. My colleague, Tube Dude, mentions in his blog entitled Oh What A Day about a driver who handed him a plastic case which apparently had been left on his train. I've tried in vain to trace the driver concerned to kick his arse! The mind boggles! Less than 2 months ago, more than 50 people died in several bomb blasts. Yet we still have punters and (more worryingly) staff who are becoming complacent again.

PLEASE if you see something left on a train DON'T TOUCH IT! Ask around if it belongs to anyone (I know it's a sin to talk to people on the Tube, but you can make an exception in emergencies). If no-one claims it, press/pull the emergency alarm! Move away from the bag/case. Inform the first member of staff you see. BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T TOUCH IT.

Anyway, that's off my chest now... Back to looking at my soothing weather pictures to calm down!

1 Comments:

Blogger kateyay said...

Newcastle is great (Upon-Tyne that is, not that the Under Lyme one isn't great, but even so...) it's got some friendly people up there and some fine beer. Hope you had a nice time off!

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home